Anderson Family Private Flight Training: $8,000
- The John Anderson family funds this annual scholarship, awarded in July before other scholarships, to a young aspiring BC pilot and high school student, age 15-19, who is passionate about flying. (PLEASE NOTE: Applicant must be between 15-19 years of age in order to apply.)
For fixed or rotary Private Pilot License only.
- Must show some commitment to training and finishing, such as showing a dedicated interest in aviation, a commitment to complete the program, completed ground school and/or completed a minimum of 10 hours of flight training.
- Include a recommendation letter from a Transport Canada certified flight school advising on applicant’s potential to complete the program.
The application must be supported by a BCAC Supporter member in good standing (either a flight school or an individual).
- Funds will be paid in two instalments to the flight school upon receipt of invoice.
- Award recipient will speak at the October Silver Wings Industry and Scholarship Awards Celebration about the path they have taken towards aviation and provide a training update.