A bursary is a non-repayable award granted to a full-time student who is progressing satisfactorily in their BCIT credential program and who demonstrates that they are in need of financial assistance. You are a full-time student if you are enrolled in 60% or more of a 100% course load.
To be considered for a bursary you must:
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada..
- Be enrolled in a StudentAidBC-eligible BCIT credential program (credential programs lead to a certificate, diploma or degree).
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at BCIT during the bursary academic period (full-time is defined as 60% or more of a 100% course load).
- Have successfully completed a term/level of full-time study in their program (or 4 months of full-time study for those programs which are not term or level based) at BCIT in the last 12 months, with no Fail, Unsatisfactory or Incomplete grades during the most recent term/4 months of study.
- Have a minimum average of 60% in prior full-time studies at BCIT (Technology students).
- Have applied and been assessed for financial need by the StudentAid BC (or the government student assistance loan program from your home province if you are not a BC resident).
- Document financial need by completing a bursary application form.
- Be enrolled in one of the Technology or Trades program levels/terms/intake dates that is included on the posted list of bursary-eligible programs for that deadline (for the fall October 30 and the spring June 30 deadlines).
Note: You can only receive BCIT full-time student bursaries once per calendar year (January 1 to December 31), or one time per program if program is 12 months or less.
As funds are limited, bursaries are awarded to those students who demonstrate that they have exhausted all other sources of financial assistance.
Some bursaries are restricted to specific applicants (e.g. hometown, geographic region, union affiliation, gender, etc.). On the last page of the application, identify any Specified Bursaries you are eligible for and wish to apply for.
How to apply
During a bursary application period, the application form for that period will be available to download below.
Please submit your completed application by email to email@example.com prior to the application deadline.