DANIEL E. OFFUTT III TRUST SCHOLARSHIP – $3,000
The Daniel E. Offutt Charitable Trust is offering this scholarship to a current Southeast Section 99s member in pursuit of an advanced rating, including commercial or higher certificate (other than Private, Sport, or Instrument pilot rating) that will advance her aviation career.
- TWO (2) letters of recommendation:
1. a 99S Chapter Chair or Co-Chair; and
2. your CFI or someone who has flown with you.
- Please make sure to include answers to all of the essay questions (see Item 4 of the Scholarship Registry application instructions), and including:
- Who is your aviation role model/mentor, how and why?
- What inspired you to get in aviation?
- Why would you like to receive this scholarship, and how will it impact your flight training?
- What are you currently doing, and how do you plan on giving back?
- Copy of FAA written test results, if required
- Copy of the last three pages of your logbook
- Active member of the Southeast Section and your local chapter
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Currently enrolled in a flight school. If training is completed by the time of scholarship distribution, be prepared to show proof of costs.
- Use funds as intended by December 31, 2023.
- If required, be available for a short Zoom interview.
- If awarded, the recipient is expected to thank the Daniel E. Offutt III Charitable Trust in writing.
- If awarded, the recipient should give the chapter permission to post a photo and a brief personal biography to recognize the recipient’s achievement for the chapter’s website/newsletter.
Deadline for applications: extended to December 15, 2022 (Award notification: by January 15, 2023)
Submit application to: Marisha Falk, 99s SRQ Ladybugs Scholarship Committee (Marisha.Falk@gmail.com)